Saturday, June 6, 2009

Relaxer Prep

Hey!
So I have an appointment with my hairdresser on Monday to get a relaxer retouch & I am so excited! It's been a 4 month stretch so I can't wait to get this mess under control... I wanna see how long my hair is after the new growth is straightened out but I might get like an inch or two cut off to even out the length. Right now I'm almost APL (armpit length).
So today I just got my hair prepared for the relaxer. It would've been my regular shampoo day but I decided to just do a cowash since my perm is only 2 days away. First of all, I prepooed overnight with honey, jojoba oil, grapeseed oil, Lekair Cholesterol and a conditioner I just bought for the first time called Alba Mango Moisturizing conditioner. I put on a plastic cap and a bandana to cover it and slept on it. This morning in the shower I rinsed that out & applied Pantene Beautiful Lengths conditioner then massaged it thru. I put on a plastic cap and at the end of my shower, rinsed it all out. Then when I got out of the shower and towel dried my hair I did a DC with Organic Root stimulator hair Mayonnaise. I left it in for 30 minutes with a plastic cap and a towel to trap the heat so it would penetrate better. After I rinsed it out and towel dried I applied a leave-in conditioner (right now I'm using Herbal Essences Break's Over). Then I used Silk Elements Megasilk moisturizing cream. Lastly, I used this oil I just bought called Alba Kukui Nut Body oil. I just combed all that through and put my hair in a bun at the nape of my neck and now it's airdrying.
About the ORS hair mayo: When I first bought it, I really didn't like it because I felt like it didn't leave my hair feeling very soft. I'm glad I gave it another chance because after this use, my hair does feel stronger. I probably will buy it again.
So that's my relaxer prep routine and tomorrow and Monday before my perm appointment I'm going to manipulate my hair as little as possible to avoid irritation from the chemicals.

No comments:

Post a Comment