Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Just did the avocado treatment and...

So I finally tried the avocado hair treatment today. I've been wanting to do it for a while now & I finally got the ingredients together. Here's what I used: One ripe avocado, some honey, olive oil and coconut milk. I didn't use any specific measurements, I just put as much of each ingredient as I thought should be in there. I blended it all together in the blender and the consistency was nice and creamy. Though if I do this treatment again I'll use more honey & maybe a little less coconut milk to make it thicker.
After cowashing with VO5, I applied the avocado mix to my towel dried hair as a DC with just my hands. I then covered my hair with a plastic cap and a towel, leaving it in for 30 minutes. When I went to rinse using cool water, my hair was tangled & not so soft. Maybe if I had combed the mixture through my hair after applying it would've been better but I didn't do that cuz I thought it would've been too messy.
Next, I towel dried and applied some Cantu Shea Butter leave in repair cream and it softened & detangled my hair right away. So I combed it through and put a little serum just on the ends, then put it in a low bun. That's all, very simple.
Overall, I think it was a good treatment that I will try again. Just next time, I plan to measure the ingredients differently next time. About the smell... At first I thought it was weird. Not really strong but a little unpleasant. After I rinsed it out and used the Cantu leave in cream, I really liked it. The two scents go well together.
This is also the first time I used the Cantu leave in cream & I'm really liking it right now but I'll wait 'til I've used it a few more times to do a review.

1 comment:

  1. thanks for the post i have been wondering about the avocado treatment.

    i just tried banana and honey which was GREAT!! I highly recommend it. For more info on that one you can check out my blog.


    PEACE

    ReplyDelete