Sunday, January 10, 2010

A great cowash and DC experience

I want to share this cowash experience with y'all because it's the best I've had so far. And I've done a lot of cowashing!
First, I prepooed overnight with coconutoil alone. I just scooped it out of the jar and smoothed it onto my hair and scalp, massaging it in. I put a plastic cap and scarf over it and slept that way.
In the morning, I got in the shower and rinsed out as much of the coconut oil as would come out. My hair already felt silky soft and detangled!
Then I applied my VO5 Moisture Milks conditioner and massaged it through my hair and scalp. I put on a plastic cap until the end of my shower and rinsed.
After getting out of the shower, I towel dried my hair and applied a DC I had mixed up.
My DC contained: Hydrolage hydrating balm conditioner, Lekair Cholesterol Plus, macadamia nut oil, and vegetable glycerin.
The texture of this mix was very creamy. Going on my hair, it felt so smooth and I even detangled it a bit as I applied it. The slip was really great! I put a plastic cap and a towel on to trap in the heat and left it in my hair for at least 40 minutes. It may have even been an hour, I don't totally remember, but I got in the shower to rinse it out and OMG, not one tangle! My hair was so soft as I rinsed it out!
The next step I took was to do an ACV rinse: I poured over my hair, a mixture of 2 cups of water and a 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar and rinsed that out.
Finally, I used a t-shirt to dry my hair and applied my Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship leave in and sealed with avocado oil.
Now, usually after I apply my leave in and oil, I need to detangle with a comb, but this time there was no need for a comb at all!! Throughout this whole process, at no point did a comb touch my hair. All I needed to do was a little finger combing and my fingers just glided right through my hair.
I'm so loving my hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment