Saturday, February 27, 2010

My Current Stretch

Well, I haven't posted in a long while, so I'll give an update of how my hair is doing and what I've been doing with it... I'm 16 weeks post and totally loving this stretch! My new growth is really soft and tame. I know it's there but it almost doesn't feel like it. The worst part is the baby hairs around my edges. They've always been so annoying to me!
OK, so what I've been doing to make my new growth so soft: I have made a couple changes to my regimen but most of what I do hasn't changed. I'm only going to be using shampoo once a month to clarify and inbetween, I'm cleansing once a week with Hair One cleansing conditioner. This stuff is awesome! It makes my scalp tingle and leaves it feeling clean and refreshed... Now, mid-week I deep condition overnight with a moisturizing DC mixed with oils and rinse in the morning. I don't shampoo or cowash, I just rinse it out and apply me leave ins, then airdry. As far as moisturizing goes, I don't do it every day, just as often as I need to, which usually is 2-3 times a week. I've also been baggying my whole head 2 times a week and this has really kept my hair very soft and moisturized. Oh, and each week after I cleanse with the Hair One, I use ORS Hair Mayo, which is my favorite protein conditioner. This has really helped keep the shedding at a minimum... So I'm not sure how long this stretch will last but I'm predicting another month will go by before the relaxer touches this mane... I'll let you all know how it goes :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment