Saturday, March 27, 2010

Trading Hair Care for Skin Care

So I was thinking today that as much time I take to care for my hair, my skin should get some action too. I know I don't take care of my skin as much as I do my hair and my skin isn't as healthy as it couls be. I was watching this girl on YouTube and I thought, whoa, she's gorgeous. I mean, I know I'm a beautiful girl. Why don't I look like that too? And I know I could, with the right amount of effort. If all I'm doing is caring for my hair, I'm not caring for and showing off the total package. The only problem: As much money as I spend on hair products, I don't have very much money left over for skin care, so I just use whatever. Poor skin! It's being neglected and now I feel bad about that. So what I'm going to work on doing is this: Spend a lot less money on hair care and use the money I save to purchase products I need for my skin. Now, I won't actually be neglecting my hair or even be using lesser quality products. There are definitely lower cost hair care products out there than I'm using that will maintain the health of my hair just as well. I thought I'd blog about this because I didn't want this thought to be fleeting and something I forget about. I'm vowing to take better care of my skin!

6 comments:

  1. me too girl i need to start taking care of my skin...but from the look of ur pic. ur skin look flawless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ trini: thanks girl, i don't really have any skin problems but if i don't start taking better care of my skin, i will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes i too need to get on the ball with my skin. it has been acting up like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's actually a great idea. I suffer from a few dark spots here and there, and I'm getting tired of having to always cover them up with concealer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started focusing on my skin too...I use Ultra Glow black soap it's about $2.00...Works great for me...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Dollface: yeah, i have some dark spots too, from the sun and i need to start wearing sunscreen more often so i don't get any more.

    ReplyDelete