Friday, April 23, 2010

Really Soft Hair!!

OK, so from the title of this post, you know that I'm going to talking about soft hair, right? Well, it's mine!! Here is why my hair is soft right now:
Last night I decided to do a castor oil treatment. I mixed some regular castor oil with a bit of Macadamia nut oil and olive oil, then applied it to all of my hair. Then I put a plastic cap and scarf on and slept overnight with it. In the morning, I got in the shower and rinsed well, then used Hair One Jojoba formula to cleanse. At this point, my hair already had great slip, then I rinsed out the Hair One and applied Suave almond & shea butter conditioner to my hair and finished my shower, then rinsed most of that out. It didn't even feel like I really needed any leave ins! After t-shirt drying, I applied my Giovanni Direct leave in anyway, then my castor oil mix to seal that in. I combed it through and THE SLIP!! It was awesome :-) So I went ahead and put my hair in a loose bun to air dry, and when my hair was about half way dry I let it down to finish drying. A few hours later, my hair still wasn't fully dry, so I sprayed a bit of heat protectant in it and blow dried it the rest of the way. I only had to keep the heat on my hair for about 2 minutes, so It wasn't that much heat. When my hair was fully dry, I moisturized my hair in sections with my trusty HE LTR and sealed with EVCO... Then I finished by oiling my scalp with JBCO. Let me tell you that my hair must be the softest that it's ever been! I love how it feels and it's just great!
Now, I really believe that what helped the softening process the most was the very first step in the whole process: The overnight castor oil treatment. So I will be doing this once a week from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment