Friday, July 9, 2010

Care of my TWA

Since my Big Chop, my regimen has changed a bit, so this post will be about my updated regimen. Some things have essentially stayed the same but being that my hair is much, much shorter as well as being in it's natural state now ( unrelaxed, undyed ), some things have changed.
Cleansing: I've been cowashing every day. I love VO5 Moisture Milks conditioner but when I went to stock up on conditioners, I decided to try something new. Now I'm totally loving Suave Naturals Pomegranate splash condish. As far as shampoo goes, I made my own mix with Dr. Bronner's castile soap, olive oil and water. So I use this once a week. I've clarified only once since BCing and I used and old favorite of mine which will now be bounced off my list. Organic Root Stimulator Creamy Aloe Shampoo. When my hair was relaxed, I loved this shampoo. It never stripped my hair but now it just leaves it so dry. Since I'm trying to use mostly natural and organic products now, I won't be clarifying regularly anymore.
Deep conditioning/prepooing: I haven't set a regular DC regimen. I've just done it when the mood hits. In the past 2 weeks since I BCed, it's only been 2, 3 times max. So I really need to step up my DCing! For protein, I'ved used my ORS hair mayo 1X. I didn't really like it on my natural hair, so when I run out, I'll purchase another protein treatment. Now for moisture, I've been using Natures Gate Jojoba Revitalizing conditioner.
Moisturizing: Silken Child's moisturizer is still working pretty well on my hair, but I'm only going to continue to use this until the bottle is gone. I ordered Bee Mine's Luscious moisturizer and it's on its way in the mail. I so can't wait to try it. After i moisturize, I seal with coconut oil.
As you can see, I've been keeping it very simple. I don't brush or comb my hair at all 'cause it doesn't need it. I love having such short hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment