Monday, August 23, 2010

Hair Update - 2 Months post BC!

So it's been a very long time since I've blogged and I sort of feel bad about it. But the truth is, it's a whole lot easier and quicker for me to just record and upload a YouTube video. I should be blogging more, but all I'll say is, I'll try...
OK, so Wednesday (8/25/2010) will be 2 whole months since I BCed! Time just flies, doesn't it? So far, things have been going well with my newly natural 'do and I'm figuring things out. When I first BCed, I was totally loving my hair and I still do love it but not because it's short, but just because it's all natural... And I don't have a set regimen set in stone but I have fallen into a routine: I cowash every day, shampoo once a week, DC 2X's a week and moisturize every night! Pretty darn simple huh?
I don't have much else to say about my regimen but I want to mention someone whose hair has really been inspiring me lately. She's a fellow Hairlista sister and fellow YouTuber: Nina Pruitt. She's been transitioning for a long time and her hair just continues to become more and more gorgeous each time she makes a new video!! At least, in my honest opinion. So I'm going to adopt some of her healthy hair practices and some products that she uses; such as Aloe Vera juice and Extra Virgin Coconut Oil! I love coconut oil, I just haven't used it in a while because I ran out and haven't gotten around to getting more... Yet.
So to sum up my first 2 months of being natural: It's been a learning experience... and I know, will continue to be! I'm so glad I did the BC and I love being natural :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment