Tuesday, January 25, 2011

7 Months Natural


Today (1/252011) marks 7 months of my hair being natural!! My hair is doing very well. It's growing and thickening up very nicely and I'm not having any problems with it at all right now. I'm totally loving it :-) Within the past few days, I've noticed that it feels really thick. I suspect it must be from the henna. So I'm going to go ahead and order more henna so that I can do monthly treatments. Another thing that may be contributing to the thickness of my hair are the massages that I've been doing 3-4 times a week since the beginning of January. I apply castor oil mixed with peppermint oil to my scalp and massage it in for about ten minutes while I listen to my favorite music. When I started doing this, I thought it was going to be something I was going to have to force myself to do but It's actually sort of therapeutic and it make my scalp feel really good. As far as the rest of my regimen goes, I'm still washing and DCing once a week and that's working out well. Moisturizing and sealing every day is working well too. My hair goals for this year are to maintain the health of my hair and get to Shoulder length by my one year natural anniversary on June 25th. Then I want to get to arm pit length by my 18 month natural anniversary, which will be Christmas day. besides those main goals, I'll also be incorporating more Ayurvdeic powders and oils into my regimen. So stay tuned for updates as they come!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. Hair typing helps you pick out the right products. That's pretty much it. But, I guess it's human nature to want to compare. And someone is always going to be at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete