Friday, January 14, 2011

Henna Head!

I applied my first henna treatment!
Details: I prepooed for several hours with EVOO, then I used a diluted shampoo mix to wash my hair. The mix consisted of Elasta QP Creme conditioning shampoo, water, EVOO and peppermint oil. I lathered twice because I had a lot of product build up. My henna mix: Jamila henna, green tea and honey.
Applying the henna wasn't very messy. I've heard a lot of ladies say that the henna application is pretty messy but I guess it wasn't for me because my hair is so short. I didn't even need to section it and putting it in my hair only took about 3 minutes.
The smell: the henna smells like spinach!
So how do I feel about henna so far? Of course, I can't say for sure until I see and feel the results after tomorrow's rinse and DC but I really like this stuff! It feels really good on my head and just having it there is a relaxing feeling. Not sure how to really explain that...
So I'm sleeping with this in my hair tonight and tomorrow, I will be back to tell you more about the experience and show off the results :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment