Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Henna Results





Hey!!
My hair is red y'all! I'm excited about the results of my first henna treatment. OK, let me tell you. In my last post, I already went over the steps of the treatment, so if you haven't already read it, go check it out :-) In that post, I said something about the process not being messy. Now the application wasn't messy for me because my hair is short and all I had to do was plop it on there. No sectioning or anything fancy. I even slept in it without any of the henna getting on my clothes or on the bed. But Saturday morning when I went to rinse it out, I filled up a bucket I have to dunk my head so I could loosen up most of the henna before I got in the shower. So here comes the messy part: After I was done loosening up the henna, the water in the bucket looked really muddy so I didn't wanna dump it in the tub. My idea was to dump the water in the toilet instead. When I went to dump the water, some of it got on the floor! I started to freak out, but I had to act fast 'cause there was a white rug on the floor. So I grabbed a towel and wiped up the dirty water before it could get too the white rug. So that was a mess and I had to end up cleaning the floor and everything but the results are so worth it!
After rinsing the henna out, I cowashed twice with VO5 Moisture Milks conditioner. Then I deep conditioned for 4 hours. The DC I used was Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose moisturizing conditioner mixed with honey and EVOO. I would've left it in longer than the 4 hours I did but I had to go somewhere. Once I rinsed it out, my hair was so very soft. My curls were poppin' too... After rinsing my DC and towel drying, I applied my KimmayTube leave in mix and some Zipporah Beauty Shea Avocado Hair Pomade. I air dried and just let my curls do what they do :-) So here are the results! Let me know what you think!



6 comments:

  1. Yeah - you really did get a great result. Nice blog and channel :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hair looks great! You're very pretty, btw. i tried henna once and loved the results. It's just so messy. I'll still do it again though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks fabulous, and youre so pretty

    ReplyDelete