Saturday, January 22, 2011

Wash Day 1/22/11

After last weekend's henna treatment, I had a little henna left over so I froze it. Today, I took it out of the freezer to thaw so I could do a henna gloss. But first... I prepooed with a product that is new to me. Hairveda Vatika Frosting. OH, it smells so good! It's herb infused coconut oil. Anyway, I applied it to my hair and scalp Friday night and gave myself a scalp massage for about ten minutes. Then I put a scarf and plastic cap over it and slept with it in. This morning I, cowashed with VO5 Kiwi and Lime clarifying conditioner (with added peppermint oil). Then I towel dried and went to mix up the henna gloss. To the henna, I added the last of a bottle of Nature's Gate conditioner and some EVOO. Mixed it up and applied the henna gloss to my hair! Then I went and did whatever I needed to do for 3 1/2 hours. After time was up, I rinsed out the henna gloss 'til the water ran clear and I'm done with that process. After towel drying, I added some Zipporah Beauty leave in to my hair and sealed with the Vatika frosting. Now I'm towel drying :-) Tonight, after my hair has dried and I'm just about ready to settle in for the night, I'll moisturize and seal. I'm not sure which moisturizer/oil combination I'll use... Either Zipporah Beauty Delight My Hair moisturizer or ORS Olive Oil creme. I need to use that ORS up so that I can move on tho other products. It's a pretty good moisturizer but I don't like the ingredients so I won't be repurchasing. Also... Next weekend, I'm going to try a new prepoo mix that I saw LolaKinkz use. Here's the video:

No comments:

Post a Comment