Sunday, January 22, 2012

Dry Hair Update: Oil Rinsing!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Ok, so my hair has been super dry right? Yes, I know! And y'all know too, if you read my last post. When I started using the Elasta QP Olive and Mango Butter moisturizer that I showed in my last YouTube vid, my hair felt a lot better. But today was another turning point when it came to moisture on a wash day. In addition to the dryness I've been experiencing with my hair, I've also been having more shedding than usual. So I decided that I needed a protein treatment. Organic Root Stimulator hair mayo is what I chose for the job because I've had great results with it in the past. I applied it to dry hair and left it in overnight. This morning, after rinsing out the ORS hair mayo, I tried something I haven't done in a while. This is what made the total difference; I applied hemp seed oil all over my hair (and I used a lot). After the oil application, I applied Tresemme Naturals conditioner over the oil to cowash with. I massaged the oil and conditioner through, then rinsed my hair while massaging my scalp. Now, at first I didn't think that it had really helped because I didn't feel much slip at all. But once I got out of the shower, applied my leave ins, combed through and put my scarf on, I noticed that my hair was moisturized and soooo smooth! So I will continue to oil rinse and use the Elasta QP as my main moisturizer. That product, along with the oil rinsing method are the 2 things that are rehabbing my hair right now :-)

5 comments:

  1. Glad it worked for you. Glad you shared your experience. The last I've heard and tried of the oil rinsing method I, myself and a few other bloggers almost seriously injured ourselves due to a slippery shower. I havent done it since. This way with the conditioner on top seems better but I still wouldn't dare try it in the shower, sink only.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ LaQT - The difference in my hair is amazing after just one time. So it's totally worth it! But the slipperiness wasn't too bad anyway, for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to try oil rinsing. Thanks for the reminder and I'm glad your hair is doing better :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Vee - Thank you! I hope it works out for you as it did for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this seems like it could work for me!

    ReplyDelete