Thursday, January 5, 2012

Homemade Herbal Tea Rinse

Hey, so this is my first post of 2012! Happy New Year!!
I decided to do an Apple Cider Vinegar rinse next wash day and I wanted to watch some videos of the process before I did. So I was browsing the hair rinse videos on YouTube and came across a few herbal hair rinse tutorials. Some people were mixing herbal teas with ACV and I got the urge to try it myself. Thinking of what herbs I have in my kitchen that would be beneficial to my hair and scalp, I went and looked and came up with cloves and thyme. First, I poured about 3 cups of water in a pot and putting it on the stove to boil, I added a lot of thyme and some cloves to it. I didn't measure but I was very generous. After this boiled, I strained the tea into a pitcher and added about 20 drops of peppermint oil. Then in a measuring cup, I added a little more than a cup of ACV and stirred in 3 spoons of honey. I poured the ACV and honey mix into the tea and stirred, then covered the pitcher and put it in the refrigerator.
Let me tell you, this stuff has a very potent smell to it. First of all, the thyme is really strong by itself but then I added all of that peppermint oil and it's very overpowering. But I think this is going to be really good for my hair. I'm hoping my hair will like it.
I will come back after I use this rinse and post what my wash day was like.

No comments:

Post a Comment