Thursday, January 19, 2012

My Dry Hair!

Hey :-)
If you have been watching my vids on YouTube, you know that my hair has been really dry lately. This problem has been going on for at least a month now. The ends of my hair take about ten minutes to air dry after I wash it! What has been keeping my hair moist is the whipped shea butter I recently made and protective styles. I've been bunning every single day for about 2 months now. To help with the dryness, I will be changing my regimen yet again. Currently, I am shampooing once a week and deep conditioning on those days, then cowashing once a week. But now, I'll be trying out cowashing 2X a week and I'll shampoo every 2 weeks. I will deep condition overnight once a week before a cowash. The rest of my regimen as far as moisturizing and sealing, then applying my whipped shea butter, then bunning will stay the same. I hope this works for me!

4 comments:

  1. Do you think you may have a porosity issue? Also I've had good results deep conditioning with suave professionals humectant conditioner for dry hair.

    guyanesesista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Gutanesesista - the porosity of my hair did cross my mind but I don't know how I would tell. I've never had a problem with porosity before so I never payed attention to that stuff. But I'll see first, if more moisture will work. If not, I will see what I need to do for porous hair. Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome. I'm still confused about porosity but after some research and failed experiments I found I had highly porous strands, my hair was not holding onto moisture at all and always tangled. I found a recipe for 1tblsp apple cider vinegar to 64oz water. I used it as a final rinse and left it in. I read that some wash it out. The effect for me was that it laid down the cuticles therefore smoothing the strands so they stopped tangling. That worked for me. Come to think of it I may have to do it this weekend. I tried baking soda and found out that it was for low porosity hair(I could be wrong). I found out after it tangled that hell out of my hair even more. That's when I suspected that I may have high porosity. But at the end of the day I'm still confused and can only share what worked for me. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. also make sur you don't have hard water. that could also be a cause of dryness...

    http://www.luvandlulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete