Thursday, January 22, 2015

Jesus! Relationship, Not Religion

I love Jesus... And I go hard. I read my Bible every day, I have an ongoing conversation with Him every day, I make sure I let people know who He is. I go to church every Sunday and I listen to more sermons at home, as well as going to Bible studies and having Bible studies in my own home. A lot of people would call me religious. I don't think I'm religious. I just love my God and am in an intimate relationship with Him. I also want other people to know Him too.


Jesus wants each of us to grow with Him and know Him intimately. That's a relationship. Religion is knowing the laws of God and judging people based off of them. The pharisees in the Bible did this and Jesus called the sons of the devil! He said to His disciples, "You must be careful to do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach." - Matthew 23:3
In short, to have a relationship with Christ is to believe that He died for your sins, and repent and accept Him into you heart as your personal Lord and Savior. Then read your Bible, pray to Him and fellowship with other believers. Let Him work in your life to shape you into who He made you to be! ".... and find out what pleases the Lord." - Ephesians 5:10

No comments:

Post a Comment