Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Let Thy Food Be Thy Medicine


This was a quote that really stuck with me while I watched the documentary Forks Over Knives. A few weeks ago, my Mom was telling me about it. I completely forgot, then was on Netflix browsing for a documentary to watch and found the one she was talking about. So, I watched the film, and it's pretty eye opening. Forks over Knives talks about how America (and much of the rest of the population of the world) is killing itself by the way we eat. The gist is that a non dairy, plant based diet is best. Meat and processed foods are disease causing foods and eating little or none of them is best. One of the things I have in my mind for the new year (to start fresh) is to eat better. I'm glad I watched this documentary because it's motivation. At the very least, to eat more veggies and drink more water...And have the healthy vitamin smoothies I make more often (maybe I'll share that recipe with you in a later post:-) )
Also, this film made me think of when I took my son to his pediatrician and she handed me a plate divided in sections of how much of each food group he should have on his plate. Here's a food group diagram I found:





No comments:

Post a Comment