Thursday, January 15, 2015

Jeremiah 29:11 Destiny

      Oh Lord! So I'm listening to this sermon from TD Jakes (he's one of my favorite preachers) and he quoted one of my favorite Bible verses. - Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
       Now I've heard this scripture over and over and overrrr... But today when I heard it in this context, I saw it in a new light. You know how you can read the Word of God again and again and get something new every time right? Well, what Bishop TD Jakes was saying is that it doesn't matter the process, as long as the end result is what God had in plan for you! He also went on to say that a lot of us don't really believe that God likes us. But the scripture clearly says that His thoughts toward us are to prosper us! For hope and a future! If there are any other thoughts in our heads (negative, condemning thoughts), they are NOT from God. They're from the enemy and we can rebuke them in the mighty name of Jesus.
      This sermon is from a new series Bishop is teaching in the New Year, "Destiny Steps". Here's the video. It's the first teaching.


       

3 comments:

  1. Word! I needed to hear/read that today. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, truly words of encouragement

    ReplyDelete