Tuesday, January 13, 2015

One Word For 2015


          Couple of Sundays ago, at church the message was really moving. The pastor spoke about how the way we think and the words we speak directly affect our actions, and ultimately our destinies. Words and concepts I'd heard before, but he really brought me to examine myself and think about the way my own thoughts and the way I speak about myself and the situations in my life are affecting my own life right now.
               At the end of the sermon, he gave an assignment to the congregation for the week. He asked us to go home and seek the Lord for one word for the whole year of 2015. So... I didn't go home right away and seek the Lord in prayer for a word for myself. This week, I did. I just opened my heart to God and the Holy Spirit almost instantly gave me the word He wants me to focus on for this year.                    The word that came to my heart is "Organize". It's funny, because I knew already that I need to bring more organization into my life, but I hadn't prayed about it yet. I will be seeking God more for Him to help me out, 'cause I need Him for everything! I just want to please Him!                                           As the days go by, I want to be more organized in my household maintenance, my schedule, my mothering, my ministry, and everything else. It seems daunting at first, but then I think of all of the tools God has given me to help. Planners, blogs with any type of information I could possibly need to organize every area of my life, an awesome, supportive husband, and PRAYER...                                    By the way, there are two Bible verses that come to mind as I type this blog. 1. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13 AND 2. "Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." - Matthew 6:33.                                            It may seem daunting, thinking about organizing everything, but the God will enable me to do it, through His spirit! And as I seek Him, fall more in love with Him and follow His plan for my life, everything will fall into place anyway. 

6 comments:

  1. Being more organized...what a great way to bring in the new year. Cheering you on, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Organization is definitely on my list, but my word is STRONG. Being strong enough to not lose control of my emotions. StRONG enough to persist even when it gets tough. Having a STRONG love for my family and friends no matter what they do.

    Good word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, strong is a really good one too. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  3. I really like that idea. I am excited to learn what my one word is. Organization is on my list I know that for sure. So is stewardship. I guess those can kind of be the same thing. If I were to think of one word for me it would probably be Brave. I've been working on being brave enough to step into the things God has asked me to. I'm going to have to pray about God's word for me; or maybe that's it. We will see!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good stuff! Stewardship goes along with my word organize because i'm in the process of organizing my household. But whatever you hear from the Lord for YOU. At first I thought one word for the entire year was too broad but now I know it's not. There's so much for the Lord to work on! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete