Monday, May 11, 2015

A Beautiful Mother's Day

Yesterday was my best Mother's Day since becoming a mother. It was a sunny, beautiful day, I was with family and we enjoyed ourselves. I'm going to share more, but first I want to say that I feel like God has more for me and my family. Like something GOOD is coming. And I don't know what, I'm just expecting the great! This past Winter was hard, and this past year really, for us, hasn't been the easiest. We've been blessed, 'cause God's hand is always on us, but as far as our family being together and whole.... Well, I'm not going to go fully into it, but we've had some difficulty with our teenage daughter that's been like, take it as it comes. To God be the glory because slowly, He's bringing restoration. Only Him!
But I'll share my Mother's Day with you :-) We got up and went to church and received a message that I wasn't expecting. The pastor didn't speak, but it was a woman he invited to do the Mother's Day message. She spoke about identity in Christ, being free of your past, and what your purpose in God is. I was blessed, as I'm sure some other people were. When she spoke, I was moved because I know that the enemy is always attacking my identity and my past is brought up a lot. But thank God because in Him, I know I'm truly not who I used to be. God has brought me so far in my walk with Him, but I know He wants more from me and for me.
So, after church, my husband bought me a potted flower. It's a Marigold. We went home and cleaned up from the night before, 'cause we were up late, and my husband started up the grill. My god mom and her two teenagers (I love them!) came over and ate and spent time with us... I don't know, it may sound simple, but it was such a beautiful day to me because of time with family and because the joy and peace and fellowship of the Lord was all over it. Here are some more pics:


8 comments:

  1. I am so so glad you had a delightful Mother's Day and be blessed! This was an encouraging word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad what I said encouraged you! God bless you.

      Delete
  2. what a beautiful and BLESSED way to spend a Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a wonderful Mothers' Day! I had a good one too, similar to yours! After going to church service, we spent the rest of the day with family. It was a chill day. Relaxing, talking, and fellowshipping. That's the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Just blessed to be with family!

      Delete
  4. So glad you had a great Mother's Day, Amy. Praying for the restoration your family needs. God can do anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the prayers, Brandi! I know He can do anything!

      Delete