Thursday, May 21, 2015

How To Get Into The Bible

Having a relationship with Jesus is the most important thing in anyone's life. Whether you accept Him or not, it's true. Jesus is the reason we're here on this Earth and the only guarantee of everlasting life. His love for you is more amazing than one can imagine. I know because the Bible says so, yes. But also because in my own relationship with Him, the love I've experienced has been amazing. But I know that there's so much more to Him.
Which brings me to what I want to talk about with you. You know we've all get busy lives with a million things to think about and a million things to do. At the end of the day, we just want to relax, right? Getting in that time with Jesus can sometimes take discipline because after a full day of life, sometimes I can shut down and don't want to talk to anyone. But it's still important to find that time at the beginning of the day, during the day and /or the end of the day for Jesus time. There are different ways.
Thing is, He's always available because He can hear you wherever you are, whenever. So if alone (or even semi-alone), you can have a conversation with Him. Talking to Jesus can become a part of your daily life. Depend on Him for everything.
I want to talk about how to get in Bible reading time. I love to sit down and read my Bible. Turn the pages and read chapter after chapter after chapter. But it's not always convenient. You know, there are audio bibles for every book of the Bible on YouTube. Just type in the box the book of the Bible you want to listen to and you can lay down and close your eyes or even work at your desk or clean the house and listen at the same time. Another really awesome resource is devotional books. There are a few that I use. One that I have and have gone through the entire thing is called Daily With The King by W. Glyn Evans.



 A good devotional can be a really good companion when you're developing a relationship with Jesus. It can bring conviction, comfort, strength, hope and more... Let me go back to audio Bibles. The best one I've come across is called the Bible Experience. It's a dramatized audio Bible that 400 different actors came together to do. It really sucks you in and gets you interested, if you're not already.

 
It's one of my favorite things! :-) So I mean, your relationship with Jesus doesn't have to be boring. We're talking about a relationship here, not a set of rules that you need to check off your list. So don't be afraid to seek God about what He wants for your life and to grow in love with Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment